Little Black Dress
This week, one of my bests got a refashion makeover, Kathy. I enjoy refashioning for others (if you haven't noticed), mainly because I get to sit and talk while I sew. This girl is one of the best encouragers that I know! I just love this girl! So, she came to me with this large black dress that she used for a Valentine's skit, but wanted to wear this dress for church. It really was a pretty fabric, but way too big and long sleeves. I knew I could fix her right up!
First, we started with flipping the dress inside out and pinning it to fit her body. I sewed up the sides, trimmed them with the serger, and that part of the dress was done. That easy! Next was the sleeves...
Once again, I flipped the dress inside out and laid it flat. I chose the length I wanted the sleeves to be, keeping in mind I would be adding a hem. I cut straight across and then used the cut piece to measure the other side to cut off. Once cut, I serged the edges and then created a hemmed sleeve with the regular sewing machine. Voila!